March 25 - EQ and You Masterclass
Dive deep into the world of equalizers and uncover the secrets of arguably the most powerful tool in any music producers arsenal. Learn how this magical device can be manipulated to give your sounds clarity, definition, and space, open up countless sound design possibilities, and make or break your mixdown.
- In-depth look at the frequency spectrum in relation to different sounds and musical notes
- Making friends with Spectrum Analyzers
- What style and shape of EQ to use in different situations and how they affect sounds
- Using EQ for sound design vs. using it as a precision mixing tool
- How to know when you’re overdoing it
- What a good tonal balance in a mixdown should sound and look like
- Advanced EQ styles such as Mid/Side EQ to control stereo image, Parallel EQ, Pultec Style EQ and the difference between Linear Phase and Minimum Phase EQ
Time And Tickets
March 25th, 2pm-4pm
$40, Limit space is available. Sign-up here
Your Instructor: Jake Robertz
Jake is a veteran music producer and DJ from Edmonton Canada. Over the last 10 years, he’s released music and remixes on multiple international labels including Muti Music, Seclusiasis, Simplify, Ad Noiseam, Really Good, Fort Knox, Top Billin, Discobelle, High Chai, Adapted, Made in Glitch, Future Roots and 9G records. His previous project Knight Riderz saw him headlining shows and festivals across North America including The Village at Shambhala 2011, The Living Dead Tour with Zeds Dead in 2012, The Bounce Festival and Astral Harvest. He’s been an active member of the Edmonton electronic music scene since 2008, currently working with local promoters Future Roots throwing parties and regularly opening for international artists. He’s explored the techniques of producing a wide variety of genres and styles, and developed methods to help you find, create, or refine your specific musical vision. Jake has the practical experience and in-depth knowledge to give you a clear understanding of the production process at any level.