Intro to Mastering Workshop with Marc Royal (aka T.Power)
We're excited to announce the first of many workshops we'll be hosting at the Night Vision Music Academy this year:
Join us as Marc Royal, an internationally recognized producer and mastering engineer, dives into the fundamentals of what mastering engineers do, how they do it, and how you as a producer can get better results from them. This 2 hour workshop is designed for producers who are looking to take the next step in developing a professional sound.
Topics Discussed Include:
- What is Mastering and how has it evolved over the last couple of decades?
- What tools does a mastering engineer use?
- Analog VS Digital Mastering - what to look for, what to avoid
- How to prepare your files for different types of mastering
- Common mix down errors and how to fix them
- Mid / Side EQ and how it affects your mix down
- Writing with Limiters
- Understanding de-essers, parallel compression, and other techniques mastering engineers use
- And much more
- Date: February 26th, 2017
- Location: 11231 Jasper Ave, NW
- Time: 2 - 4pm
- Tickets: $60
- Past and present NVMA Students get $10 off ticket prices (email us at email@example.com for a coupon code)
Your Instructor: Marc Royal, T.Power
Born and raised in the concrete jungle of East London, England, Marc Royal (a.k.a. T.Power) is best known for his unconventional approach to the composition and production of electronic music. Since 1992, Royal has left a long-lasting imprint on the evolution of electronic music in the UK and is touted as one of the pioneers of “experimental” or “progressive” soundscapes within the genre. Over the last twenty-four years, Royal’s work has produced over 200 releases on various international recording labels and five top-100 singles on the UK Singles Charts, including the breakthrough track,“Shake Ur Body” (co-written and co-produced with Shy FX), which reached #7 in 2002. A self-proclaimed “studio rat”, Royal has, on rare occasion, been coaxed out of seclusion to headline numerous shows in the UK, Europe, Asia, New Zealand, Canada, and the US, and has performed at a number of music festivals across the world, including the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Annual Festival in 2006 with former collaborator, Shy FX. Continue reading Marc Royal's Bio.